Tutorials

Monday, June 3, 2013

Twelve times round the sun....


 Wow, just wow ...she is TWELVE!

She is so grown up and beautiful, clever, bright, silly, funny, quirky, fit, healthy, fun, loving, tall! and deliciously wonderfully herself. I do love her so.



She put it a request for a Ferrero Rocher Croquembouche cake... I think I may have actually had a panic attack just before construction began but you know what? Melted chocolate is my friend - it didn't hurt that we are deep into autumn and the weather was quite cool.


I made dozens of little 'roses' out of the chocolate wrappers and added some thin toffee shards to make it pretty - She was delighted, I was pretty pleased. It tasted divine!



I made a dozen little cupcakes too - one can never have too much chocolate cake.


7 comments:

Amanda Pedro said...

Happy Day! Wow that cake looks awesome. And mouth watering. Hope the drug store has some Ferreo Roche!

W-S Wanderings said...

Holy YUM!!!

Happy, happy birthday to your 12 year old! Twelve is so fun, so full of energy. Wishing you abundance...

sonia said...

Whoa! That cake looks amazing. If my daughter didn't have a nut allergy I would certainly try my hand at that for her 12th!

m. bloom said...

that cake looks gorgeous (but not as gorgeous as your gorgeous big girl!) you are a bit of a rat for eating up my piece of cake.

xo

Ariella said...

Congratulation! In Hebrew we say Mazal Tov ! It's good luck.Have a lot of it !!!!!
Ariella

JShelby said...

Happy birthday, I'm off to the shops for some ferrero roches!

Rebecca said...

I WANT TO EAT THAT CAKE!!!! I WANT TO BURY MY FACE IN IT AND MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH!